CG Composites (AUS) sells an extensive range of carbon and fibreglass (e-glass) reinforcement suitable for manufacture and repair jobs. These materials are based on the most widely used fibre types and fibre orientations and incorporate a variety of construction techniques. Broadly they are subdivided into the following categories, based on the orientations of the primary structural fibres/tows:
- Unidirectional Fabrics – A variety of construction styles with all structural fibres generally running at 0° where optimum mechanical properties or local reinforcement is required.
- Woven Fabrics – A wide range of woven fabrics, available in plain, twill and satin weave formations with fibres at 0°/90°.
- Multiaxial Fabrics – Stitched construction with fibres at +/-45° or 0°/90° (Double Bias), 0°/+45°/-45° (Triaxial) and 0°/+45°/-45°/90° (Quadraxial). These products offer excellent mechanical properties, and have optimised fibre spread for high laminate quality.
- Tapes – Narrow (< 200mm) fabric versions of the above
- Chopped Strand Mat which is made up of chopped strands of fibreglass laid randomly and held together with an emulsion binder.
Depending on your requirements we can sell you as little as 1 l/m or full rolls.
|Carbon Fibre 2×2 Twill 200gsm (Weave Set)||Woven||1270mm|
|Unidirectional Carbon Fibre||Unidirectional||500mm wide|
|Braided Carbon Fibre Tape||Braided Tapes and Tubes||Various Sizes|
|Double Bias Carbon Fibre||Stitched||Various Sizes|
|Multiaxial Fibreglass (Double Bias, Biaxial, Quadraxial)||Stitched||Various Sizes|
|Carbon Fibre Tow||Unidirectional||12kg and 6kg rolls|
|Unidirectional Fibreglass||Unidirectional||See Below|
|Aramid Fibre (Kevlar)||Woven||Various Sizes|
|Woven Carbon Fibre||Woven||Various Sizes|
|Woven Fibreglass||Woven||Various Sizes|
|Chopped Strand Mat (CSM)||Chopstrand Mat||1040mm wide|
|Braided Carbon Fibre Sleeve||Braided Tapes and Tubes||Various Sizes|